Monday 18 November 2013

Review: Model Co Cheek & Lip Tint

Now ladies, I love a good blusher, I really do. I have a tendency to be a bit heavy handed in the pursuit of a flush of colour – it can all go a bit “Aunt Sally” at times. But when I do manage to keep on the straight and narrow and restrict myself to a normal amount, it really does do wonders for the face. Especially if your usual pallor is akin to the milky stuff left in the bottom of mozzarella packets.

For years I rallied against using a liquid blush, assuming it would only serve to dilute and rub off underlying foundation/bronzer. I stuck steadfastly to Nars Orgasm for years - until two brand new palettes broke into tiny pieces for no apparent reason. Paying £21.50 for the privilege of a broken blusher – I think not. So I gave in to the hype and decided to try out Model Co Cheek & Lip Tint in Rosy Red. Don’t be put off by the word “tint” – this isn’t as scary as the infamous Benetint. I don’t care how many beautiful faces that stuff graces, I find it nearly impossible to apply. This squeezes out of the tube to become more of a cream gel and is easy to swirl onto the cheeks with your finger. It blends easily but as with all cream/gel/tints do take care to work fast (it will dry in quickly) and be sparing – you can always add more. The colour is less of a red and more of a fuchsia pink which works well on complexions with blue/purple undertones (anyone vaguely Celtic will understand this). The tint has excellent staying power and even I don’t feel the need for a top up when I get the mid-afternoon pales.

Given that this is technically a multitasking “Cheek & Lip” tint, I should really be reviewing its wonderful pout enhancing qualities too. Sadly, a look like a small child experimenting with my mother’s make up when I dare wear vibrant lip colour so I’ll have to pass on that front.

All in all, an excellent product – and a damn sight easier than carrying round a blusher compact and brush in your clutch!

No comments:

Post a Comment